The Circle

I cried before knowing to sing,
Now I sing out my pain.

I stumbled before I could walk,
Now I run so that I can falter.

I learned to write before understanding,
Now my understandings are scribbled.

I spoke before thinking,
Now my thoughts are silent.

I made friends to share my feelings,
Now we fear to reveal them.

I drank to enjoy more,
Now I try to enjoy, to remain sober.

I loved to look at that face,
Now I observe others, so I can avoid contact.

I worked to earn money,
Now I earn money to keep myself busy.

I married because I fell in love,
Now I love my spouse, so that I don't end up with someone else.

We bore kids to complete the family,
Now we are in our corner, while they complete The Circle.

Comments

  1. The most beautiful write up of URS ever...loved each word n feeling of it n so true...I am out of words to express how nice this article is...so simple yet so true n yet so complicated, all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vish, feels good to know that you liked it. Just a suggestion - make use of autocomplete when posting comments :p

      Delete
  2. Very nice pist roy...loved it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kriti. You could do with auto-correct I suppose :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...