Daydreaming

I have to get to the evil wizard's castle, I thought galloping down the plains with a sword in hand, while a broken blade was sticking out of my torso.

Suddenly there was the sound of water flowing, to be more precise, overflowing from a bucket and snap - I was out of the dream and rushing to the bathroom to turn off the tap.

It was a dream, no it was a daydream with eyes all open and visualising scenes influenced by recent activities of reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, A Cadmean Victory (Harry Potter fan-fiction) and  watching Lord of the Rings again.

How did I get there? What was I doing earlier? I tried to recollect.

I was sitting on the bed, with no thoughts in my head and then I was in the dream world. Was this normal? Had this happened to me before? When was the last time I went daydreaming?

It had been a long long time, maybe months, maybe a year or maybe even more. I do not remember the last time but I do know it was a normal thing as a kid. You would agree, wouldn't you?

Why did I stop daydreaming? Was there no time? Do adults still daydream? Do adults ever have nothing on their mind?

I don't know if I can answer for all but I do know my own story. I am always busy. Busy with my phone, spending endless hours on YouTube or just scrolling infinitely like a zombie on Facebook or Instagram or chatting on WhatsApp. And when the phone is away there is a **ta-ding** and then magic brings it back to my palm. I bet this is the story of most of us.

The daydreaming kid fades as one becomes more adult, more preoccupied with nuances of life but this process has been accelerated by the smartphones or to be more precise by our addiction of smartphones. I hope the kids of future still daydream or else they would be deprived of all the craziness and creativity they do need to survive.

Now that I know the cause, I'll try to preserve the kid in me. The kid in me has done a lot of unexpected things like rolling down a hill or sitting on a rusty amusement park ride or teaching crazy action songs to nephews and nieces or... I can go on with the list of stupidity for a few pages because that's what kids are all about - Living life with no regrets and if there are any regrets, well life does give a second or third or n number of chances I suppose.

Oh that's too much philosophy for a single post after a long time. Let me try to get back and catch the evil wizard.
Go Shadowfax...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...