First Rhymes

It was a few days before Christmas and like every other year, the cleaning of every nook and corner of the house was in-progress. Even the most ignored part of our house gets the most attention. Having been away from home for the past couple of years this was one thing that I was pleased to have missed, but now that I am back home it was time to do the chore.

Most parts of it was simple brooming and sweeping and a lot of sneezing (Bless Me) - thanks to dust. Though the cleaning also included the drawers of the showcase/closet. While cleaning one such drawer I found the digital treasure trove of a '90s kid - CD case pouch.


It was nostalgia at first site. A bunch of old movies burned, couple of playlist ripped together and one singularly special CD.

Let me share about that one CD today.

I do not remember what class I was in but it was definitely during school that I started at it. It was my first attempt at writing poems. Never had I shared this before owing to the shy kid that I was back then. But today the kid (along with the poems) is coming out of the closet.

Below are the only 2 poems that were ever saved to this CD. Hope you like it (It would be good to have some feedback).

Storm

I am the storm, the mighty storm,
Formed by the earth, which is so warm.
I was created by the master, 
To bring a huge disaster.
To make the wrong, right,
And stop the biggest fight.
I have the power,
To bring down the tower.
To pull the man by his foot,
And the tree by his root.
The villages are empty before a day,
Since all the people runaway.
I rome throughout so fast,
Untill I get the signal it is last

Tree

Oh tree! Oh tree!
Why don’t you flee
From this little world
The world of man
Who wants to ban
Your kingdom with his sword.
I’m the tree, the mighty tree
The creator has let me free
In this little world without any slavery
But I have to serve
Both man & dove
To set them very free
Since, man my master
Has brought a disaster
To make his dream a reality.
So I have to grow
To tell him no
To cut my fellow being
And he will know
That I have to grow
As I’m the main hero

PS: This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...