I'm back

After a long time I have finally decided to continue writing to the original place to pen (more like type) my thoughts.

How did I arrive at this conclusion one might (or not) wonder? Well, when one is waiting at a fancy restaurant for his friends to show up and with nothing else to do, this seems like a good way to spend time. Though this doesn't mean that I'll only be writing on occasions such as these, it's a good way to utilise time. I'm sure you would agree.

Now that I've described where I'm at while penning (typing) this let me describe the place a little in detail before we get to the main topic. We have to kill time right? (Yes, I'm still waiting for people I know to show-up).

This is one of those places where one would come for a date to impress their partner with something more than a Starbucks. I don't know why my friends decided on this particular venue but we sure weren't planning on a 5 way date. The room is lit with candescent bulbs in such a way that the tables appear to be in the dark which are lit by (made in China) battery powered table lamps. There is light instrumental music playing in the background, loud enough to make it to one's ears but while not trying to disrupt a conversation. The waiters speak fluent English enough to give one inferiority complex. It's not a rush hour crowd and people are turning up as I type (but not my friends).

Since I mentioned this looks like a place for a date, I noticed 3 distinct tables with couples that appear to be on a date. One table is engaged in a hearty conversation hardly taking off their eyes from one another, the second is busy with food I guess - they are sitting behind me so I could only get infrequent glances and  every time I look over I see them either ordering or eating - and the third is more into their phones rather than into each other. 3 couples with different sets of priorities in a similar setting - not something one gets to observe regularly.

I just wanted to describe this scene and so here we are. Also the people I've been waiting for are about 10 minutes away so let me put the phone down and order something that I can understand from the menu. Oh yeah, I don't understand more than half of what's on the menu and that's how I know this place is outside our (me & the people I'm waiting for) Aukaat.

That's all for today, more brainy stuff coming to this blog soon. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...