Ride Solo

A long day at work, I say is the day with nothing to do. Time just doesn't seem to pass by. Everyone has such days in their life. Few of my friends would disagree with it. But they forget to understand that, the only difference is, some have it more often than the others. Fortunately or unfortunately, I fall in the former category.

A few days back, I had one of those days, sitting in front of the PC, wondering what to do next. A few of the times in the past, I have just gone home to sleep, had long conversations with friends or went on an excursion.

This time it was meant to be an solo excursion, but where?

Unlocked the PC and started checking for places on the map. I had previously covered most of the places around 30 km radius to my work place, so I hardly had options of going to some new place.

After 5 minutes of random browsing, I selected the following route. 
My Selected Route for the trip
Why I selected this remote looking place? Well, even I don't know. Anyways for me, the journey is more important than the destination, so the destination hardly mattered.

But since the road was decided, without giving second thoughts I just packed my bag and left.


My only partner in such expeditions is my bike.

Two of us travelling on a narrow road with a few potholes here and there passed through a few villages.
In this solo journey, I did find some interesting things. One of them being giving lift to a drunk stranger.

A simple looking man was waiting by the road side asking for lift. Since it was just a single straight road, I decided to over him lift, thinking the person just wanted to go to the next village. As an introvert that I'm, I rode silently. After a few minutes, the man said, "Me thode pyala ahe, pun me kam khop changla karto. Me jast nahi pitoy" (I have had a little drink, but I work very well. I don't drink much). As soon as he opened his mouth to say this, I was like, 'Oh God! why did I offer lift to this drunk.' I just told him to keep quiet after that and rode along. A few kilometers later, came a village and the man asked me to stop. I thought to myself 'Good riddance. Never will I give lift to anyone.' But as the man got down he thanked me and offered me to come to his humble abode for tea(in Marathi). Drunk as he was I didn't expect such a thing from him. This act of kindness changed my decision about offering lift, but from next time I will be more careful I decided.

The other thing that amazed me are the below two scenarios.

Dish TV on a home
Carrying Water from a nearby lake
On one side, people don't have a water pipeline, and on the other, we have houses fitted with dish TV. I don't understand what to call this, Progress or Ignorance? And both the pics are from the same village. Just hope the situations improve for good.

Even saw the end of a road for the first time. This particular road ended in a small little temple with a well right in front of it. It looked something like this. The few fukatya(jobless) villagers had an astonished look on their faces seeing a stranger in there.
All in all, it was a good journey without a destination. Will have more such trips soon enough.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...