The Losing Touch

Last week I did not write a post. Why, cause I was out of topics? Sort of yes, and no.

In past few weeks a lot has transpired in Indian politics. So I had plenty of things to write about, BUT it was all over the media as well, hence it didn't really make sense for me to talk about it again.

Well for my ignorant friends I will state a few of the topics to look up, starting from the anti-national revolt of JNU and arrest of Kanhaiya Kumar to his bail, Rohith Vemula sucide row, Smriti Irani's trending Lok Sabha speech and the release of Financial budgets. I won't be taking any of these topics cause one could just Google these and an array of news links would popup.

But do all of these news suggest that our country is in a political turmoil. I would say, NO. It could be well perceived as a good functioning of our media to cover all of this on various platforms. This has been greatly possible with the technological advancements over past 10-15 years.

I remember back then, my dad used to tell me to read newspapers and check TV channels to know whats going around in the world. I never had that habit back then, nor do I have it now, cause all the news is available at the palm of my hands, thanks to the advent of smartphones and the media for taking up these platforms to serve better. Technology has been a boon in many instances like these.

But one not so good thing about this is, it has reduced human interactions. Growing up in the late 90s and early 2000s was really different from what it is now. Previously every household had that one particular store that they used to go to buy stuff from. The shopkeepers knew where you stayed and whenever short on money, they used to note it down in the hissab book or just say 'badme de dena'.

Gone are those days, cause now we prefer to sit at home and order from Flipkart, Amazon, Big Basket, etc. The only interaction one has in this transaction is with the delivery guy, who doesn't even have the time to listen to a thank you.

As a kid, me and my brother used to fight over the TV remote. But now, I go to grab the remote from him and he readily gives it up saying 'Hotstar/Youtube zindabad'. The fights were more fun than the satisfaction of watching the TV show. Feeling nostalgic about it.

I guess this is how our future is shaped with technology. Just hope we don't loose our human touch as we progress.

Adieu to the wonderful past, Salut to our new future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...