A Challenge for Change

How cool is it to put up challenges up to your parents? Ever wondered about this?

Well, I did. It seemed a queer thing to do, initially. But later, it turned out pretty much fun.

Let me just give you a brief idea about my parents...


From my childhood till today, I have known my mom to be the homemaker and my dad to be the breadwinner. So its pretty much clear that mom does all the work at home - from cooking, cleaning to laundry, while dad is sweating out to support it. Never have I seen my dad do household chores, except for the times when mom got pretty ill or had gone out for few days.


Now coming to the challenge...


A few days back, I had seen this particular ad about Ariel Matic #LaundryGoesOddEven activity. The activity is pretty much simple to follow. To promote gender equality, it only asks the men of the house to help the women with the laundry every alternate day,

So I got my parents to sit and explained them this activity. More like, I put it up as a challenge to dad.


And now the melodrama...


To my astonishment dad accepted the challenge at the first instance itself. And mom on the contrary, started debating on it - 'How could I ask dad to do the laundry after coming home all exhausted? It is not right and so on...'

After a long time of convincing - 'Laundry could be done in the washing machine within 15 minutes. The clothes would be just as clean as hand wash. And I will help dad whenever I am home and so on..' she finally agreed to it.

Once this was settled, I got a packet of Ariel Matic.


And this is the result of it...


The Odd and Even rule (might not have been very successful in Delhi) is a success at home.
Day 1: Mom at Laundry
Day 2: Dad at Laundry

Now mom and dad take turns to do the laundry. And the good part is both are happy with the outcome. With the looks of it, I don't think this challenge will ever end. 

'I am (with my parents) taking part in the #LaundryGoesOddEven Challenge by Ariel India at BlogAdda'.

Hope even you readers take up this challenge at your place. Its fun, I can vouch for it.


Comments

  1. Greatly presented, a challenge though I thought it would be something like closely relating to challenges but this is a good post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...