What type are you?

It's been 1 month, 8 days and 22 hours since I published my last post.

Was I busy?

The answer is, Yes. To my friends and colleagues surprise, I had been spending 70% of my time in office, so the 30% of people can enjoy 70% of the profits. (The figures are not based on any survey, just made-up facts)

Workaholic. This is what I was trying to be. I always used to criticize workaholic people, telling them to have a life, a life not involving work. But then I figured out that criticizing something without experiencing it is not right. And from this it all started.

Every day waking up and reaching office before 9 in the morning. Leaving post 8 or at times even 10 in the night. Coming home tired, distracted. Having no time to do any of the things that I like. Well trust me, this life sucks - big time. The conclusion was - I can never be a Workaholic.

So the question here is - Why do some people be workaholic? Its a question difficult to answer. I will have to interview a workaholic for this. But that's a different topic all together.

The one thing that I have observed though is, there are different sects of working people. Workaholics are one of it. 50%  of people work normal. Normal here means - the one who tries to complete his work within the stipulated time. 'Tries' being the keyword here.

The next group is the lazy ass. Lazy and Ass are two different types. Lazy are smart to work but don't wish to, while Ass is the hard working dumb colleague. Lazy Ass together make 25% of the population. To compensate for the second group comes the Workaholic.

Workaholics are also of different types. Some are the ones who do time-pass throughout the day and sit back late to finish - this is my type. Some are the can't say 'No' types. You ask them to help and without losing a moment they are at your desk. While the others are the learners. They need time to learn (understand work), but make sure they work.

By now you might have figured out what type of employee you are. Feel free to state your type below in the comments.

These are the different types I could figure out. Have more types that you know? Do suggest in the comments.

Statutory Warning: This is a light-hearted post. Not based on any of my friends or colleagues. So don't compare. 

Comments

  1. I didn't find my type. I guess you need one more type here. ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. With rapid advance in technology, a day would come when people would be able to do work by thinking only :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Amit. The world might be the one shown in the movie 'Her'

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...