The One With The Accident

Today I met with an Accident.

Hold up. I'll narrate the entire incident.

I was at the start of Aundh-Ravet road from Aundh side. The road begins with an acute curve, at which I usually bank the bike. For better understanding you can refer this map.

I was riding parallel to an old rusty city bus. The bus was to my right and was moving in the curve. Now I reached to the front of the bus and glanced at the driver. I saw the child's foolish playfulness, as if he was wondering 'What would this little bike do if I steer right towards him?' And in a blink of an eye he did it.

Time froze when the bus touched the bike. Two words were uttered. He said 'Oops', I said 'Fuck'. Time came back to normal and me and my bike were spinning like the wheels of Bat Tumbler. As I rolled in the air I was thinking of the many things I had planned to do, but had put it aside for later and then, Snap!!

I was out of the thought process. Oh wait! I forgot to mention a keyword at the start. I met with a virtual accident. The whole thing happened in my mind within a span of seconds and then I distanced myself from the bus and sped my way.

This whole thing got me to realize that I have to pen down all the clutter posts in my head as soon as possible and not procrastinate it.

Part of this post I drafted while riding back home and here I am sticking to my resolution.

Today will be remembered as the day I almost died :p 

Comments

  1. Something similar happened to me a year ago and unfortunately it wasn't virtual. I survived man. Hell of a ride. Ride safe! Trust me you don't even get a moment to think its just "blank".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...