The Travel Companion

Sitting in the bus, wondering what to write next. Oh, this time I was seriously out of some good topic.

No new post on 'What the Brain Thinks' would only mean, my brain ceased to think. There were some interesting things that did happen in the week though, but they are personal I would say. Some things are better not shared with everyone.Well now you know, I'm a little modest.

So I was in the bus travelling home, and some old lady(I would refer to her as granny) was sitting next to me.

I was lost in my own world(of nothingness), with my headphones on, blocking out all the chaos or silence that was there. Just then the granny tapped my arm. I partially removed my headphones and turned towards her.

She looked in her early 60's, draped in a green saree with a hint of yellow here and there. I had never observed her until now, in my 30 odd minutes of travel. How ignorant I was to my surrounding. She smiled and asked where I was going in Mumbai. I told her my location where I was to get down, and continued back to listening to music.

Again she tapped and asked if I knew where Vashi was? And whether I could tell her when she had to get down. I just nodded. I was just hoping she won't bother me again.

Alas! Again came the tap. This time I removed my headphones and resolved to answer all her queries once and for all, only then I would go back to my music.

And I spent my rest of the journey conversing with granny, till she got down from the bus.

Granny was fun to talk. She talked about her life and also cracked some jokes here and there.

Granny is a retired school teacher, travelling to meet her daughter and grand-children. She narrated all the places she had been to, as a wife of a frequently transferred government official. She also spoke of her love story, and gave me few free tips as well. She also inquired about my education and work life. All in all, it was a good experience.

Never did I think that I would talk to some stranger for this long while travelling. Even when I used to travel with my friends like this, we never had a conversation of more than 15 minutes in the entire journey.

There was one thing that granny said,"You people of this generation have lost the fun and essence of travel. Putting on your headphones or playing games on those mini dabbas is not a way to travel."

So true were those words, that I decided to change from my next ride. But alas!

'Kutte ki dum kabhi seedhi nahi hoti.'


Since I was talking about travel, Guys check this out! This one is a travel blog of my friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...