Through the Lens

This time I thought I would interview people, more precisely photographers. This thought came like a bolt out of the blue.

I thought of photographers for my interview cause they capture the world in a different aspect. Just kidding. The true reason was, I could easily find a few friends interested in photography via Instagram. Easy work for a lazy fellow.

Opened my Instagram, filtered few pics and selected 2 people to interview.

My first interviewee being Sneha(SK).

Me: Hello Sneha, How are you?

SK: I'm good.

(skipping all unwanted convo and coming to relevant part..)

Me: What is the difference between a photographer and a normal person, apart from the difference in cameras? 

SK: The way one perceives the world. The photographer sees only as much as his camera can capture. This actually helps in eliminating the irrelevant things attached to it and creates a better story.

Me: Wow! I didn't understand a thing here. Could you tone down the philosophy.

SK: Okay. Check this.(She showed me this particular image from her Instagram)

A photo posted by Sneha (@sneha.sk26) on


SK: These puppets are mere lifeless objects controlled by their creator. Do we not believe that our lives are controlled by God. So aren't we puppets in those divine hands. This is how a photographer captures stories rather than writing them.

Me: Pretty intense thinking.Do you always think of all this when you capture a pic?

SK: Na.This was just an example of what I had in mind then. Its not necessary everyone should have the same opinion. You could follow and comment your opinions on Instagram.

Me: Ya sure.I will even ask my readers to follow and comment.

SK: Thanks.

This was pretty much my first interview with a photographer with abstract thoughts. My second interviewee was, Allan(ATS), a cool budding photographer with zero philosophical thinking.

(skipping all crappy talks..)

Me: Allan, which one of your Instagram posts you like to show off?

ATS: This one. (After scrolling a few pics he showed me this)

A photo posted by Allan Tony (@allan0_06) on

Me: What's so special about it? And it looks like your camera was not functioning well. :p

ATS: Lol. This is just the magic of long exposure, my friend. Just 15 seconds exposure got such majestic lines. One could just make out the speed with which traffic flows on a national highway by looking at this pic.

Me: I used to think photos just capture fraction of a seconds.

ATS: Nopes. With right tech and skill set a single pic can capture huge time frames. That's the beauty of it.

Me: Nice. Impressed I must say.

(again some crappy talks and the interview concluded)

I never interviewed professional photographers, but still got to know their passion from my budding photographer friends after these interviews.

Hope their passion leads them to their destination and not to some wedding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...