A Walk to Remember...

It is pretty late for this post. Procrastination is the key (not emotions). But better late than never, right?

It was my last day, at Infosys. Everything felt just normal. Not sad, not happy, no feeling. Na, that would be too harsh to say. There were feelings. Excitement of the new phase and the emotions when you depart from people. These emotions can't be termed as sadness, maybe bittersweet memories. Even this emotion was slow to fade in.

After a game of bowling in the campus, I started walking towards the parking area to get my bike and leave for home. It is a good walk of near about 500 meters.

I walked the lonely road on the boulevard, as 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' was being played inside my head.

Out of nowhere a memory hit me. The memory of me walking into the gates of Infosys Mysore campus, along with people from my college. Talking, Laughing, Walking, with a pair of bags rolling along. It was like and unlike college days at the same time.

Time rolled back to the point when I got my offer letter from Infosys with the joining date and the address of Infosys Mysore. I googled in the address and the satellite view on the maps was Awesome. Excitement at its highest.

Few months down the line and I was at THE place, studying, earning, roaming the streets on pink and blue ladybird cycles. There were people of my age from every part of the country. Shuffled and stacked into classrooms. Thanks to Mysore training I know people from various parts of the country. I might have not been in contact with them, but I made great bonds. And each one came flashing (not literally) from the depths of my weak memory.

That chain of thoughts was seamless as it fused with Pune connections. Colleagues with whom I was usually silent and friends with whom I kept on speaking non-sense. (Two contradicting sides of me.)

In this 10 minute walk I explored a hidden cave (within me) that had all of Infosys etched on its walls. Never did I think something like this would happen.

A lonely walk was all that was required. A walk to remember...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...