Living The Reverse

A cold evening, I was walking down the campus of my work-place.

Its a beauty campus with great roads (not a smallest pit), trees planted on both the sides with a hedge acting like a divider to the road. One of the best campuses ever that an IT company has.

Well, if you haven't been able to guess it, let me help you. Its, Infosys Pune. This place is the perfect blend of green and grey. Every building(development block) is surrounded by nature. The campus has almost maintained the flora and fauna of the place even after hosting 10,000 plus employees in its 13 plus buildings.

So, where was I? Oh yeah, I was walking down the campus, when I saw a cat about to cross my path. Seeing that I ran and crossed the path of the cat before It could cross mine. Then I turned back to see, what the cat would do, whether it would turn back and go back few steps or wait for someone to pass. But it did nothing like that. It just continued on its path, not giving a damn about my actions.

If a cat doesn't bother when a human crosses its path, then why do humans worry when a cat crosses their paths. Aren't we humans supposed to be superior creatures in this planet. Then how can a cat crossing your path or an owl hooting in daylight decide your fate. If animals were to predict a man's future, would we ever have reached this level of advancement?

Just think, if Neil Armstrong had a hooting owl outside his house before he left for the mission to moon and he decided to postpone the launch because of this omen. Would we have ever reached the moon?

A few days back, I was sitting with a best friend of mine, having tea. Let's call her 'Chotu' for now.(since I do not wish to disclose her identity). While having our usual random talks, we came to this topic of superstitions.  Chotu told me that her family had a strong belief in some superstitions, example: a person can't leave home, if any other person sneezed in there ,etc.

So once when one of her uncle was leaving home for some urgent work, she started sneezing intentionally. She kept on doing this till her uncle felt that not going out would be a bigger loss, and so he left just in time to seal a successful business that day. From that day onward, Chotu's family stopped following such superstitions.

Chotu was smart enough to teach her family a lesson, and so was her family to understand Chotu. Stop following such blind beliefs. Be like Chotu and her family.

Comments

  1. Nicely penned down...n I wish this sneeze ppl will try to get rid of this superstition... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...