The View Point

I just got down from the bus, and started walking towards home. It always feels so good to go home after a week or two. Thinking about all the delicacies I would be having for dinner tonight. Oh yum, all the fish and the meat prepared by mom.

Oh, FUCK! I twisted my ankle in the damn potholed road. Curse the BMC for making such roads filled with potholes. No wait, I find no trace of road here. I guess these municipal authorities don't ever give a damn about these service roads.

With a sprained leg, I continued walking towards home. The thoughts of good food, replaced by curses for the contractors and BMC.

As I was crossing the road, a rich bugger in his BMW decided to jump the signal. At that speed he would have just run the car over me. But thankfully the pothole came to my rescue. The BMW went BANG! at the road creating a serious dent to it. And with that jerk the rich kid decided to slow down drastically. I crossed the road safely and wondered where I would have been, had the pothole not been there.

The BMC might have taken such things into consideration before deciding not to make any amends to the bad road conditions. This one scenario changed my view point. If you see from the BMC officers point of view, these roads are pedestrian friendly. It causes the vehicles to slow down, also forces lazy people like me to raise the legs properly while walking. It is low budget and also avoids the need to build footpaths.

Just a single pothole road got me two different view points at the same time. Not saying that we should have such bad roads.

But this got me to realize, how every person can have a different point of view to the same situation. It all depends on which side you are on at that particular instance.

Some great person (that I don't remember), rightly said, "There is no such thing as good or bad, Its your perspective that makes it."

Too much thinking for today, sayonara!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...