What makes me a Living Being

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... Royson, a school going kid, was walking down the streets of Mumbai on a planet named, The Earth. He had a bag laden with books and no one to accompany him on an endeavor to reach school. He was thinking what makes him a living being and the school bag he was carrying a non-living object.

Wait a second, who am I kidding. If I had thoughts like these while I was going to school I would have been the founder of 'Patanjali Ayurved' and not some tummy-less baba. Okay, so now I have offended some intolerant devotee, who might now look me up on the internet, hunt me down and throw ink at my face. If at all there is some guy like this reading this post and planning to throw ink at me, I would like to give you a lil heads-up. I am a dark guy so ink might not work, u better come with some whitener.:p

Okays, coming back to my post. It was not the kid Royson who had these thoughts, but the Royson typing out this post. A few days ago, I was flipping through the pages of a class 4 science text book. There I find a portion describing living and non-living things, that's when this question struck my head.

As a science student I was taught that all objects (generally considered as non-living) are made up of matter which is made up of molecules, atoms, electrons, etc. And all living forms are made up of cells, which again has the same basic structure of molecules, atoms, etc. There must be something that makes me better than a stone or this PC.

I was thinking of an answer and later I realized that the answer was - thinking. I could think and write this post. A stone or this PC couldn't do such a thing on its own. Even a dog or tree can not write a blog. And I was again lost in this question.

I was looking out the balcony, pondering over this, as I was looking at the trees and bushes growing in the wild and the stray dogs fighting. The perception of freewill came into picture. The dogs have the freedom to shit wherever they want so do the trees can grow where they like. No one can take this away from them.

The freedom to think and do whatever I like makes me a Living being. Is this really the answer to my question?

Wait! Too much thinking has made me hungry and I can't think no more.

You could think and post your answers in the comments below. The question is 'What makes me a Living Being'

 Adieu, till then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...