New Age Plague

Today my friend V messaged me. One of my junior college friend - Q - had sent a friend request to V. Now V saw that I was a mutual friend and pinged me. I told her that Q might have have sent it by-mistake, just ignore it. While she was telling that it was because of her good looking dp. And that is when I realized something.

This world is being plagued by RAMS (Red Ass Monkey Syndrome), especially the youth.

Now the big question. What is RAMS?

Well it is a made up term (obviously by me), based on a story I heard in school. Some school days teacher of mine had narrated this, when a guy (whom I don't remember) was patting his own back and announcing the whole world about his small little achievement. Back in those days self-flattery wasn't really common. The teacher gave this example of a particular genre of red ass monkeys. These monkeys raise their tails and show their red ass, announcing the whole world how pretty it is.

Next question. How does this consider any of us?

Simple. Almost each and every youth (including me, at times) is comparing himself based on the number of likes we get on social media. This seems to matter most than anything. And this is no small thing.

How dangerous is RAMS?

Its really sad that the world is heading in this direction without realizing the effects. To appease the world we are living lives that we don't like or promoting a fake profile of ourselves for the world to see.

And it is really not visible in its initial days. It affects an individual slowly and when he/she realizes it, he/she is severely infected by it. As of now we don't have any cure for it, except to have a social media rehab.

So next time my friend, do not, I repeat, do not rate yourself on social media likes. Let your own happiness and of those actually close to you matter the most. Even I will try to do the same.

Cause, Practice what you Preach. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...